Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Little Get-Away

Mal and I took a much needed vacation last week. We went to California to visit one of my bestest friends Katie. I've missed her like crazy since she moved out there with her husband Ben and their little girl Kiara so I was so excited to just hang out and have some fun. They live in Stockton so after Katie picked us up from the airport we headed to San Francisco to do some sightseeing. We walked around Fisherman's Warf, got our free sample at Ghirardelli Square, and we were even able to ride a trolley and a cable car. We had a great San Fransisco tourist day (no thanks to the not-so-nice concierge).
I was so excited to see Kiara. She doesn't know us very well because she was too little when they moved, but I instantly fell in love with her. She is so freakin cute and I think she took quite a liking to Mal or, as she likes to call her, Mowrie. She is so much fun and she has the cutest little personality.
We went to Six Flags Marine World on Saturday. It's been a while since I've gone to an amusement park with a kid so it was a completely new experience. Going on the kiddy rides with Kiara was a blast and it was so much fun to see how excited she got. And, as you can see, Mal was a little excited to ride the merry-go-round.
There really is nothing like hanging out with your best friends. We stayed up just laughing and reminiscing about old times...and about new times. :) I am so thankful for all of my amazing friends and I'm thankful for Katie for letting me invite myself to her house for my vacation. Thanks Katie! You're pretty!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had such a good time! Marine World looks awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very jealous! I really need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I miss you again! Come back! We had such a blast with you guys and Kiara has asked for Audj & Mowrie about 10 times a day since you left. I told her we are going to Utah in a few weeks and she instantly said, "To see Audj, and Mowrie and her daddy!" Looks like our little game of loving your dad has passed on to the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was an amazing trip! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure smiles from you girls, pure smiles. Sorry you didn't get to see 3EB while you were there. But looks like you had fun despite!

    ReplyDelete