Saturday, December 13, 2008

Twelve Days 'til Christmas

Malorie is insisting I post this song that we wrote about our family. It was written back in 1999 so it is really outdated. (If by any slim chance a Tidwell brother reads this...you all know everyone had a crush on you) It's also full of inside jokes so I'm sure nobody is going to get it, but here you go...

An Eyre Family Christmas

On an Eyre Family Christmas you'll be sure to see...
12 gifts for Malorie
11 layer salad
10 trips to Shopko
9 guitars a strumming
8 heads need of trimming
7 Eyres a lovin'
6 cars and counting
5 PERFECT CHILDREN
4 single ladies
3 Tidwell brothers
2 gassy parents
Giant panties on the Christmas tree!!

This picture was taken the year the song was written. The balloon in the picture was half-dead and we're pretty sure it was possessed. It followed us around the house all night and freaked us out. We named it Wilson. On Christmas morning we found it dead under the Christmas tree. Weird Christmas....

9 comments:

  1. There's no doubt about it...Wilson WAS possessed! I still have nightmares of it chasing us down the hall and mom locking herself in the bathroom screaming. Pretty much just another Christmas eve at the Eyre house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should've consulted with me before you posted that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was Liz that posted that last comment. I didn't realize you were already signed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that crazy balloon. Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, I like your blog layout. Not a huge fan of the "David picture". Rather than looking "hardcore", as appears to be his intention, he looks constipated. Tough break, Davie. But I'm just thrilled you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He doesn't either Spencer!! You are so judgemental sometimes...But thanks, I'm glad you like the layout at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this story....I think you told me it once before...If Caden Screamed at Santa, just think what would have happened if he had been around that freaky balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture makes me happy! But where did your bangs go, Audj?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they're coming. You just wait.

    ReplyDelete